Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner at Chewy
Chewy is on a mission to become the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents everywhere. To fulfill that mission as a Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner, you will work with leaders to drive organizational effectiveness and talent engagement with an emphasis on leading culture change at scale while enabling leaders to build, lead, and develop a diverse, high performing team. As the listening mechanism to and from the business, you will drive cultural initiatives, performance management, engagement, retention, and career development all in an effort to inspire our people to love where they work. To be successful, you must be both strategic and hands-on, motivated by the challenge to build culture at scale, and dedicated to creating customer-centric HR solutions that ensure Chewy’s long term success. This position is located in our Dania Beach, FL office.
What You'll Do:
- Define and execute overall HR strategies for specific client groups that drive a high-performing, highly engaged culture.
- Work with the VPs and Directors to collaboratively set and execute on the long-term vision for key talent initiatives that consistently improve effectiveness and help us achieve our overall business goals; drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, motivated, and impactful team.
- Lead and engage with HR COEs and business leaders to build and execute timely, effective, and scalable people programs and processes which will support the business. These include (but are not limited to) team member relations, leadership development, talent assessment, building our hiring brand, diversity planning and succession planning.
- Lead long-range growth planning that impacts the engagement, performance, training, development, and retention of our workforce.
- Work with senior management to establish and implement management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of Chewy.
- Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives and support overall business goals
- Promote our company’s Operating Principles throughout each of our offices and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our core beliefs.
- Assessing, inspiring, and developing an HR team to create an innovative HR function that supports the organization.
- Ensuring organizational compliance with all Federal and State laws.
What you'll need:
- 15+ years of progressive HR Partnership experience and responsibility in fast-paced, high rate-of-change environments.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications.
- The proven ability to influence and drive change with executive teams and across agile startup organizations, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth.
- Proven success in delivering high-impact people operations programs around performance management, culture, team member engagement and retention.
- A track record of being a People Ops business partner to executives across a variety of functional areas, and a demonstrated capability.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]