Ellevation is looking for a passionate and driven Recruiter skilled at finding great talent and delivering a great candidate experience so we can continue building a world class team supporting our mission. In this role you will support our People Operations & Talent Acquisition functions building plans to source and hire talent to achieve our targets. Most importantly, you will play a critical role in ensuring we have top talent to create and deliver tools to support the work of thousands of educators and the students they serve.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation’s mission to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Understand Ellevation’s values and how People Operations partners with internal teams to drive results.
- Learn our recruiting process and practices.
- Learn all of our internal recruitment platforms, including Lever (ATS), SparkHire (video interview tool), GoodTime (scheduling tool), and LinkedIn Recruiter (sourcing tool)
- Source, conduct phone/zoom screens, and schedule interviews
Within 3 months, you will:
- Own the full lifecycle recruitment for all roles
- Partner with internal hiring managers and external recruiting agencies to source, select and hire top talent.
- Track, post and close job requisitions and postings.
- Serve as Lever Super Admin and train the rest of the company on proper use of the tool.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Establish strong working relationships and build rapport with colleagues and people leaders throughout the company.
- Make recommendations to improve our people and talent function.
- Analyze recruitment data and gather insights
Within 12 months, you will:
- Successfully hire 20+ new team members to Ellevation
- Assist Ellevation in improving our diversity hiring demographics.
- Interact with the Greater Boston and EdTech community to create partnerships and spread employer brand awareness.
- Attend hiring and networking events virtually and in-person once it is safe again.
- Full Lifecycle Recruiter: You have 3+ years of experience, ideally in a SaaS company. You also have technical recruiting experience. Bonus points if you have experience recruiting a remote workforce.
- Thorough: You love details and ensuring a seamless experience.
- Trustworthy: You are skilled in building rapport/relationships.
- Conversationalist: You enjoy talking to others to learn about their interest in Ellevation.
- Flexible: You can easily pivot in a fast-paced environment and enjoy variety in your day-to-day.
- Inclusive: You are passionate about creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. Bonus points if you have experience recruiting historically underrepresented groups.
- Adaptable self-starter: You’re excited to dive into new projects. You are comfortable with ambiguity and can wear multiple hats.
- Great listener and communicator: You are skilled at both verbal and written communication plus you are comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Data-driven: You’re naturally curious and value data. You use information and insight to understand past and current trends as well as shape future trends.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.