People Analytics and Applications Specialist
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
At CarGurus, we take a data-driven approach to all decision-making including those about our most important asset, our people. CarGurus is seeking a world-class People Analytics and Applications Specialist who will uncover data-driven insights to better attract, develop, motivate and retain our people.
In this role, you will partner with our People & Talent team to build predictive and robust real-time dashboards and analytics for talent acquisition, employee growth and development, performance, engagement, diversity, compensation and retention. You will work closely with the HRIS team to configure key people applications, where much of the underlying data resides.
To succeed in this role, you thrive on harnessing all types of people data, you develop models and “what-if” scenarios, you constantly seek to understand the “why” behind the data, and you leverage quantitative and qualitative information to solve complex people issues.
The successful individual in this role is detail-oriented, a problem-solver, results-driven, and someone who can work in a fast-paced environment with various stakeholders, multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Enable CarGurus continued growth and success with analysis and data visibility to create actionable, relevant insights derived from people data in the following areas
- Talent Acquisition
- Onboarding and Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Performance and Compensation
- Engagement and Retention
- Proactively partner with the People & Talent team and internal leaders to research, analyze, and present data from multiple sources to solve business problems and guide decision-making with high quality analytics
- Analyze and extrapolate from the data to identify solutions to raise the bar for all things people-related
- Develop and automate standard and ad hoc reports to provide insights into trends at scale
- Constantly seek out ways to improve processes and the underlying people data
- Design, configure and enhance people systems based on best practices and input from the People & Talent team and key business stakeholders
Who You Are:
- BA/BS with a quantitative focus (e.g., social science, economics, mathematics)
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with People systems (Workday and Greenhouse) including analytics/reporting
- Strong capability with Excel and Microsoft Office
- Passion for telling a story with data visualizations
- An excellent communicator of complex (often technical) information to different types of audiences
- Has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to ask relevant questions which lead to improved processes and efficiencies
- Exhibits exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential and highly sensitive people data
- Able to effectively organize work, prioritize and manage time in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.