Payroll Specialist at Klaviyo
The Payroll Specialist will play an integral role on the Finance team at Klaviyo. This employee will process and analyze payroll for 400+ employees across a multi-state and international environment. This individual will report to the Assistant Controller and will also support the People Operations and HR teams on a regular basis. This individual will assist with the detailed reconciliation, reporting, and review of both domestic and international payroll processing. This individual must have in depth knowledge of payroll wage and hour laws, federal, state, and local tax laws, pre and post-tax benefits, and post retirement plans including defined contribution 401K plans. This position requires attention to detail, organization, and effective collaboration and communication skills through all levels of the organization.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll cycles in the U.S. in multi-state environment and monthly payroll cycles in the U.K.
- Maintain payroll records by managing payroll systems and the owning collection, calculation, and entering of payroll information into payroll systems.
- Respond to and engage with employees.’ questions regarding payroll, taxes, and benefits in a friendly and efficient manner
- Comply with federal, state, and local taxation and regulatory requirements, research existing and new legislation, and advise management on any necessary compliance actions.
- Support finance/accounting needs, including reporting on compensation, benefits, taxes, and net payroll payments.
- Act as a liaison with other business functions including People Operations and HR teams, including ensuring timely processing of new hires and terminations.
- Assist with payroll analyses and ad hoc reporting for finance, HR, and leadership teams as needed.
- Maintain quarterly and year-end reports and reconciliations to review Form W-2 and W-4 for complete and accurate tax reporting for the employer and employees.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance or Business fields.
- 3+ years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment required. International payroll experience is a plus.
- Experience with payroll systems required, experience with Workday preferred.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and Google Suite skills required.
- Detail oriented and organized; strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with members of other teams at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.