- As our Payroll Specialist, you’ll contribute to our vision and mission by overseeing and managing the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. As an integral part of the Human Resources team, you’ll use your subject matter expertise to manage all payroll processing at Kyruus.
- You’ll enter, maintain, and process information in ADP as our payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- You’ll own overall maintenance and review of Kyruus payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions following a semi-monthly pay schedule, and effectively mold the process for any schedule changes.
- You’ll support and contribute to the company’s benefits administration through participation in annual renewal of benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), HSA and other accounts.
- You’ll partner with our benefits brokerage firm to process and conduct regulatory reviews and periodic audits.
- You’ll work with the appropriate carrier(s) to process all leave-of-absence requests, disability paperwork and FMLA, and serve as the escalation point related to employee questions around payroll and benefits.
- You’ll supply financial information requested for inbound unemployment insurance claims.
- You’ll respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and/or employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts or limits.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Human Resources in the Core Human Resources department within the General & Administrative division.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 8+ years professional experience (with 3+ years within payroll specialization) to:
- Oversee the validation and processing of master spreadsheets and other payroll files for accurate payment calculations and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll and wage laws and best practices.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations related but not limited to FMLA, EEO, and FLSA.
- Run point on reporting and/or disclosure requirements such as Nondiscrimination Testing through Fidelity, annual 5500 filing, ACA Reporting, DOL surveys, as well as ad hoc benefits benchmarking surveys.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and internal procedures.
- Hold extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes.
- Pursue a policy of continuous improvement.
- Attend to the smallest details to provide the best experience for employees.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and broader changes to pay rates.
- You successfully manage payroll tasks daily, and build out process improvements to support the overall growth of the organization.
- You consistently demonstrate and maintain superior customer service skills handling internal and external payroll matters.
- You’re able to serve as a trusted adviser to the Core Human Resources team as well as the Accounting department on best practices to stay up to date with compliance regulation changes or advancements impacting our payroll and benefits administration processes.
- Kyruuvians in the Payroll Specialist role can move in a more linear career path into a Payroll & Benefits Administration Manager. From there, Kyruuvians can either further an individual contributor career path, or move into a management position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.