Manager, Total Rewards
The Manager, Total Rewards is responsible for managing activities related to the Human Resources compensation and benefits functions.
- Provide thought leadership and strategy in the areas of total rewards (base salary, short-term incentive, equity and benefits) to remain competitive with the industry as a best-in-class company.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in our compensation and benefits area by providing overall administration and establishment of governance and other processes.
- Conduct detailed data analysis and benchmark compensation data through annual compensation survey to be used to review salary and bonus proposals, job offer compensation and employee compensation changes to ensure alignment internally and competitively within the market.
- Leads the overall Benefits program, evaluating market competitiveness and managing the enrollment process.
- Act as the HR internal focal point for all communications and manager trainings on all areas of Total Rewards.
Total Rewards and Compensation Programs
- Drive the compensation strategy and recommend enhancements where needed.
- Develop, implement, and administer compensation and benefits policies and programs.
- Audits job content and prepares job descriptions to ensure standardized and effective job descriptions are provided for all positions.
- Develop and participate in compensation/benefit surveys to analyze company’s market competitiveness.
- Analyzes trends and metrics regarding solutions, programs and policies; makes recommendations on total rewards.
- Leads the development and implementation of Total Rewards statements to be delivered annually to all employees.
- Recommends company salary structure movements, salary increase budgets, and FLSA exemptions.
- Delivers presentations to introduce compensation and benefits program updates to managers and employees.
- Focus on manager training and development to help managers with understanding compensation policies and principles. Consult with HR Business Partners and managers regarding compensation decisions to ensure consistent practices.
- Provides guidance and input on talent assessment, competencies and succession planning.
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines and recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related issues.
- Partners with Recruitment team and HR Business Partners to benchmark competitive compensation levels for all positions as part of hiring, salary planning and promotion processes.
- Advise managers in areas of total compensation, internal equity and job leveling
- Conducts regular meetings with respective department directors and executives to consult and provide guidance on market compensation for hiring and salary planning.
- Manages, coaches and trains a benefits analyst who will be responsible for all benefits administration and enrollment programs.
- Oversees company’s benefits open enrollment including program plan options and enrollment requirements.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Wellness Program for all employees.
- Leads employee benefit programs including but not limited to health insurance, 401k program, long & short-term disability insurance, COBRA, FMLA, FSA and other programs.
- Serve on the 401K Investment Committee.
- Manages Benefits vendor relationships and benefits broker relationships.
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws governing both compensation and benefits practices; authors company policies, guidance and interpretation related to compensation and benefits.
Skills and Requirements:
- 8 plus years of experience in HR with a concentration in compensation.
- Strong communication skills; able to respond and exchange ideas clearly and effectively through writing, speaking, and presentations; shares appropriate information to keep people informed.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and work with large sets of data.
- Strong understanding of HR processes, data and HR Technology.
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to manager a team of compensation/benefits/systems analysts.
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) to all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Bachelors or equivalent