Human Resources Manager, HRIS & Reporting
DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
In this role, you will implement and build out our HRIS system, report on employee data for our leadership team, maintain payroll on a biweekly basis, and lead the execution of broad HR initiatives across the teams you support. The right candidate will ensure that we are creating the best possible culture and employee experience while our people are growing, thriving, and maximizing their careers.
Reporting & Analytics
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining payroll information and calculating payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Reviews and approves changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Issues paychecks or electronic transfers to employee bank accounts
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Summarizes payroll liabilities related to employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 or more years of experience in payroll administration (at an in-house, multi-state operations) and HRIS
- Candidate must have expert knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Must have excellent accounting, analytical, technical, interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to identify, recommend, and implement process and system improvements.
- Ability to lead the design, configuration, testing and deployment of new modules / functionality, security design and reporting / analytics required.
- Project management experience implementing new payroll/HRIS systems or upgrades.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to present analyses and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills including complex accounting issues.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter with initiative who is able to lead and work in a fast-paced and changing environment and is able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to anticipate and independently solve problems.