Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As an HR Generalist you will be part of the broader People & Talent team working in close partnership with the HR Business Partners acting as a key resource for internal partners across the business. You will focus on a variety of initiatives across the employee lifecycle with significant impact to improving overall employee experience. You will also liaise with other important teams within People & Talent; Total Rewards, Operations, Recruiting, Learning & Development, and will cross train within these functions to provide backup coverage as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a frontline resource in partnership with the HRBPs within each business for Team Leads and Sr/Managers on coaching, development and employee relations matters including:
Annual Performance Process & Goal Setting
- Collaborate with HRBPs and Operations team on annual promotion and review process including assisting with team calibrations, promotion files, manager coaching and Workday changes
- Partner with managers on Individual Development Plans (IDPs) and Goal setting initiatives
Employee Relations & PIPs
- Autonomously manage employee relations with an unbiased balanced approach with a high degree of discretion
- Lead Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) partnering with managers on documentation, plan initiation, feedback and execution. Checking in with ICs over the course of plan to ensure they are receiving feedback and active mentorship.
- Own Workday requests on behalf of managers and ICs relating to vacation balances, requesting sabbaticals, viewing performance reviews
- Partner on annual Engagement survey working with HRBPs to build clear metrics and action plans
- Internal point of contact for international assignments collaborating with internal and external counsel on immigration documents and assignment letters
- Collaborate with Operations on Workday and benefits changes
- Front line resource for ex -pat questions
- Partner with recruiting on internal transfers and opportunities, actively engage on external recruiting best practices
- Ensure consistency in job classification in offer process
Reporting & Analytics
- Own service anniversary updates with L&D team
- Ensure job profile, job classification, career paths are up to date for all employees in Workday
- Manage all Workday related job changes
- Conduct exit interviews and manage exit process including reporting on exits on a quarterly basis to assess trends, strengths and development opportunities
- Help build and maintain policies
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience working within an HR or Operations role
- Experience with employee relations & performance management
- Workday experience a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.