HR Business Partner at Formlabs (Somerville, MA)
As a leader in 3D printing technology, Formlabs is reinventing the digital manufacturing industry. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world and beyond by building and supporting a great team of people to make it happen.
Our People team has successfully grown Formlabs from a small crew to an organization of over 600 Formlings, spanning multiple countries and offices. We’re not slowing down anytime soon – and we need to build the right processes and programs to continue to scale and keep our best talent growing with us.
This is a senior level individual contributor role, reporting to the Head of Engagement – and paired closely with executive leadership at Formlabs. Our HR Business Partners are typically embedded within a function, region, or business unit – but have a wide scope and influence. If you’re excited to leverage your analytical and people skills to collaborate with company leaders and ensure our people practices scale with us, we want you as our HR Business Partner.
- Serve as a strategic business partner and coach to leaders in order to positively impact Formlabs’ ability to attract, hire, develop, and retain talent
- Be a thought partner to stakeholders and business leaders to ensure existing and new talent can reach their full potential and grow with Formlabs
- Provide expertise and guidance in performance management, total rewards, headcount planning, employee engagement, and change management
- Leverage multiple data sources (quantitative and qualitative) to identify patterns, predict trends, and ultimately recommend actions to further people processes
- Develop and implement scalable programs to increase productivity, performance, retention, and engagement within our workforce
- Own execution and delivery of existing processes (performance reviews, training, surveys, communications, employee relations) within your business group
- Be a visible and accessible resource and coach to employees and managers, embedded in a business unit, and the first contact for specific people questions
- Act as a point of contact for employees who are navigating challenging personal or professional issues that impact their work experience
- Proactively identify opportunities to standardize and upgrade our people processes and practices in advance of our current and future growth
- Experience successfully implementing talent programs at medium to large businesses (500+) that have been both growing and scaling
- Strategic business partner who balances a consultative and hands-on approach to solve problems
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of initiative taking and effective project management
- Analytical and detailed thinker, very comfortable using quantitative data from multiple sources to inform people programs and decisions
- Effective bridge between the business and the voice of the employee – you balance and translate one to the other and excel at creating alignment
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and growth
- Ability to exercise sound and efficient judgment when managing complex decisions
- Possess a strong ability to build rapport and trust with a wide range of people, levels, and departments
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Know what you don’t know, but are unabashedly curious and love to collaborate and come up with solutions to new (or recurring) challenges
- MBA and/or quantitative business experience
- Complex program and project management
- Global business knowledge or exposure
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.