HR Business Partner
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a strategic HR Business Partner to join our growing People & Talent Team. As an HRBP, you will be an integral part of the Human Resources strategic business initiatives for dedicated business units within our organization. You will work closely with senior leaders in the company, but must also be able to work autonomously, adapting to change while making decisions quickly in our fast-paced environment. It’s an exciting time to join CarGurus.
What You'll Do:
- Provide strategic business partnership and mentorship to people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent
- Utilize people trends to develop, implement and lead HR training, projects and programs
- Work closely with senior leaders to understand the business and to proactively provide suggestions while reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Conduct talent reviews and create action plans along with the department managers to create a successful team including promotions, transfers, etc.
- Coach and mentor managers on best practices and change/talent management with respect to employee relation issues including Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and terminations
- Assess and anticipate all HR related needs
- Actively collaborate across peer groups – specifically, individuals within recruiting, training & development and finance to optimize the acquisition, integration and development of CarGurus talent and achieve company goals
- Ability to track and report on key HR metrics
- Manage performance management process and adapt process accordingly based on different group needs
Who You Are:
- 5-8 years of experience working in Human Resources within a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in global high-growth technology company preferred
- Proven foundation of US employment law and experience applying this effectively as a trusted HR advisor
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and high growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of initiative taking with excellent project management, negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and Influence a variety of work styles and personalities
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.