Klaviyo is looking for a Head of Global Payroll who will be the team lead of Klaviyo’s international payroll function. This position will report to the VP of Finance and involve frequent collaboration with the HR, finance and accounting, benefits, and compensation teams. As the Head of Global Payroll, you will lead a team of payroll specialists to ensure that global payroll is in compliance with regulatory requirements, review regular payroll cycles for accuracy, and scale the payroll team and related processes for headcount growth and global expansion. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment and seeks opportunities to improve processes to allow for efficient, timely, and accurate payroll processing.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Oversee all regular and off cycle payroll processing operations
- Coordinate with internal and external legal and tax advisors to ensure all earnings, deductions, and fringe benefits are appropriately reported for tax purposes and the company is in compliance with all international, state, and local requirements
- Develop and implement new procedures or processes to increase payroll processing efficiency or accuracy for company growth.
- Register for employer payroll tax accounts in new domestic or international jurisdictions as employee base grows
- Manage payroll systems and service providers including implementation of any new systems as necessary
- Lead payroll team in day to day operations and ad hoc projects
- Communicate all payroll related matters to employee base as necessary
- Ensure payroll supporting documentation and records are complete and accurate for internal control purposes
- Act as the primary point of contact with external auditors for any payroll related matters
Who You Are
- 7+ years of payroll experience required, including 3+ years of people management
- Multi-state and international payroll experience required
- Public company experience required, with Sarbanes Oxley experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of US and international payroll compliance standards, leading industry practices, and change management techniques
- Detail oriented and organized; strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy collaborating with other departments
- Experience with large payroll providers required; Workday experience is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets experience required
- Experience with equity administration and related tax reporting is preferred
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.