Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As CarGurus continues to scale globally, we want to ensure that our employees continue to feel connected to, engaged in, and aligned with our mission and their work. To do this, we need to be thoughtful and intentional about how we communicate within and across the organization.
The Employee Engagement and Internal Communications Specialist will help us seize this opportunity by developing and supporting content and programs that inform employees at all levels, across all global locations, and inspire them to be active and engaged members of our community and culture.
As a member of the Learning & Organizational Development team, you will help foster an inclusive and aligned culture of learning, leadership, engagement, and belonging.
What You'll Do:
- Source, draft, and deliver a variety of internal communications including email newsletters, intranet content, live company-wide events, and more
- Review, edit and write clear, engaging, and consistent employee-facing communications on behalf of various stakeholders
- Help manage key internal communications platforms and channels, including our internal communications calendar, intranet, and wiki
- Assist with managing employee meetings (i.e. Town Halls) and events that facilitate and fuel our community’s connection to our goals and mission
- Partner with People & Talent, PR, and Marketing to align our internal messaging with CarGurus’ external communications strategy, brand standards, and unique tone, values and culture
Who You Are:
Are you someone who is continually inspired by seeing employees engaged in their work and excited about the impact they are making? Are you looking for an opportunity to creatively apply your strengths in communications and engagement in an environment that’s continually changing and never boring? Do you have a passion for moving quickly, learning from feedback, and iterating your approaches to maximize impact? If these are true for you, the Employee Engagement and Internal Communications Specialist role may be right for you. In addition, you are/have:
- 4-6 years of experience
- BA in Communications or Marketing preferred
- Strong written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in digital content creation, including video, blog posts, e-newsletters, podcasts, and more
- Proven success building and/or supporting communications and engagement strategies at a fast-growing company
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders, including executive leadership and employees at all levels and global locations
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Graphic design and video editing skills a plus
- Experience managing websites, blogs, and social platforms (WordPress, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter) a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.