Chewy is on a mission to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners) everywhere. In pursuit of that mission, our HR Business Partners are helping to find, grow, and keep the remarkable group of talent that are our Chewtopians. You’ll be an advocate of Chewy’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build and scale their organizations. Whether coaching our business partners on how to lead their teams or managing programs that help develop our people, you are focused on putting the customer first.
We are looking for a Director, Human Resources Business Partner in Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Minneapolis, or Seattle to join our team! We are looking for a strategic leader who can Think Big and roll up their sleeves to take brand new programs from ideation to full launch. You will partner with our HR Ventures and Acquisitions Team and senior leaders (both as stakeholders and as clients) across the organization. You must have a passion for solving complex and ambiguous problems and have experience delivering large-scale programs in the ventures and HR Business Partner spaces.
This role is for you if you are a committed HR partner devoted to new business ventures, acquisitions, and international expansion!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement people strategies to deliver on business goals for current and incoming client groups, aimed at driving a high-performing and highly engaged culture
- Facilitate the organizational design, change management, and long-range growth plans that optimize employee experience and retention
- Collaborate with the Ventures and Acquisitions stakeholders to develop HR strategies during new ventures and acquisitions, owning the HR strategy once the venture/acquisition has been transitioned
- Enhance and model HR best practices for current people processes and for people processes that will be used for new ventures and acquisitions
- Lead the execution of key talent and change initiatives across the client groups, including talent reviews and assessments, succession planning, organizational strategy and design, competency development, and employee relations
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to further scale processes to support the business
- Manage and develop a team of HR Business Partners
What you’ll need:
- 10 years of progressive HR Business Partner experience in fast-paced, high-rate-of-change environments
- 5 years of experience managing a team of HR Business Partners
- 3 years of experience in ventures and acquisitions program management or HR partnership
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or relevant field
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) at all levels of the business, including senior management
- Proven ability to influence and drive change with senior leaders in a scaling organization
- Ability to align people strategy with business goals and growth
- Ability to think and perform strategically and tactically
- The position may require travel
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]