Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a strategic Director, HR Business Partner to join our growing People & Talent Team. As an HRBP, you will be an integral part of the Human Resources strategic business initiatives for dedicated business units within our organization. You will work closely with senior leaders in the company, but must also be able to work autonomously, adapting to change while making decisions quickly in our fast-paced environment. It’s an exciting time to join CarGurus.What You'll Do:
- Provide strategic business partnership and mentorship to leadership and people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent
- Utilize people trends to develop, implement and lead HR training, projects and programs
- Work closely with senior leaders to understand the business and to proactively provide suggestions while reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Lead the execution of key talent initiatives (driving change where needed) across the assigned business units such as leadership development, talent reviews, succession planning, organizational strategy and design, and role based competency development Conduct talent reviews and create action plans along with the department managers to create a successful team including promotions, transfers, etc.
- Collaborate across the HRBP team, HR Centers of Excellence, and senior business leaders to build and execute timely effective, and scalable people programs and processes to support the business
- Drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain high-performing, motivated and impactful teams
- Assess and anticipate all HR related needs
- Actively collaborate across peer groups – specifically, individuals within recruiting, training & development and finance to optimize the acquisition, integration and development of CarGurus talent and achieve company goals
- Ability to track and report on key HR metrics
- Manage performance management process and adapt process accordingly based on different group needs
- 10+ years of proven experience working in Human Resources within a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in global high-growth technology company preferred
- Proven foundation of US employment law and experience applying this effectively as a trusted HR advisor
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and high growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of initiative taking with excellent project management, negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and Influence a variety of work styles and personalities
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.