Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People Team is continuously growing and changing! Toast is seeking a Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) who will bring thought leadership, tailored insights, and strategic perspective to our efforts to foster inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility across our organization and Toast Communities. This role is part of the People & Organizational Development (the POD) team. The POD sits within the People Success team, and designs organizational learning and people development including manager enablement, leadership development, DEI workshops, and coaching, as well as eLearning platforms to drive personalized learning experiences. We also partner across the organization to drive initiatives that enable an inclusive and equitable culture where all of our Toast communities feel supported and able to thrive. Our work creates belonging and accelerates the rapid pace of our business.
The person hired for this newly created role will help drive meaningful and impactful diversity and inclusion strategies (engagement, belonging, employee development and ally-ship just to name a few) that reflect our culture and values, and help us deliver on our business goals. In this role, you will be responsible for aligning, designing, and implementing programs and best practices that will make Toast an even better place to work and positively impact our ability to delight our customers.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- In collaboration with stakeholders across the organization, leads the development and execution of the Toast DEI strategy and plan.
- Collaborates and serves as a subject matter expert to ensure our products, systems, communications, marketing, policies, and processes reflect and enable our commitment to belonging, inclusion and equity
- Partners with Learning & Enablement teams across the company to design, coordinate, and deliver workshops, coaching and other tools that help develop inclusive behaviors and mindset
- Leads and supports our DEI Council and Toast Communities (Employee Resource Groups) in defining and executing their strategies and initiatives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across Toast to more effectively recruit, enable and retain a diverse workforce, and drive an equitable and inclusive workplace
- Defines metrics, reporting to track and measure our progress and updates initiatives, as needed to ensure continuous progress; Regularly communicates status across the organization
- Identifies and manages relationships with relevant external DEI partnerships, organizations and vendors; Initiates benchmarking strategies to aid in adopting best practices for DEI.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, I/O Psychology or related area
- 10+ years of experience in the Human Resources/Talent space with a combination of experience in Human Resources and Engagement and Inclusion
- Strong analytical skills; able to turn data into insights and a compelling narrative on impact
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels, drive change and work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Results orientation and ability to manage shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders while driving programs/initiatives forward
- Ability to create strategies weaving diversity and inclusion processes and practices into existing organizational initiatives and culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to comfortably present to multiple audiences
- Proven experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Experience with employment law or HRBP a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required