Benefits Administrator at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
This position will be located in Burlington, MA and will report directly to the Director of Benefits. The role will support the Global Benefits Team and will work closely with the global Benefit team members and other People Team Departments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day benefits administration for employees. Answer general questions and assist team with issue resolution. Maintain and answer inquiries in shared email inboxes and ticketing system providing excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with external vendors as needed to answer questions or resolve issues.
- Act as Benefits Liaison with the People Service Center for inquires related to Tuition Reimbursement Program, Verifications of Employment, and other benefit policies/programs. Work to streamline and improve benefit process and procedures.
- Coordinate benefit and wellness events such as annual wellness week, benefit fairs and wellness events. Work to improve wellness offerings and assist with communications to promote wellness. Track metrics, process invoices and assist with tracking of wellness budget.
- Assist with employee communication materials.
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding of employees including set up and delivery of bi-weekly benefits orientation. Assist new hires with benefits questions and enrollment as needed.
- Assist with all activities related to annual benefits enrollment including communications, system testing and auditing.
- General leave administration tasks – respond to basic leave requests, daily and weekly leave report review, employee correspondence, benefit continuation process and processing of employees leaving/returning on leave.
- Act as back up for global benefits invoicing and funding.
- Provide assistance with monthly and quarterly benefits auditing activities.
- Special projects as assigned
Education: Degree preferred but not required
Years of Experience: Ideally 2+ years of Benefits experience
- Basic understanding of ERISA, COBRA, ACA, and HIPAA regulations
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Ceridian and Workday a plus
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an eye on process improvement
- Strong desire to learn and grow in benefits
- Experience supporting Corporate Wellness programs
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.