Associate Director, Learning & Development (Curriculum) at Chewy
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director, Learning & Development to help lead the enterprise-wide Learning & Development team that will produce engaging, scalable training interventions for Chewy’s diverse workforce of 18,000+ Team Members. The ideal candidate will be a leader and builder to assess learning needs, build curricula/content that proactively aligns to Chewy’s operating principles and business objectives. This role will lead the team in designing innovative, impactful curricula impacting the entire organization. This role will partner with the Director of L&D as a critical thought leader in Chewy’s Learning & Development space and will contribute substantially to HR’s ability to drive exceptional business performance through the development of Chewy’s talent. This position reports to the Director, Learning & Development in Chewy’s global HR department and can be based in either of our main corporate offices in Dania Beach, FL, or Boston, MA.
What you'll do:
- Lead the creation of innovative, high-quality training content that meets learning objectives and drives improved performance results across Chewy’s talent base, with initial focus on content areas such as, leadership/management development, functional development, performance skills and onboarding.
- Provide expertise on best practice management & leadership development content to support raising the bar on Chewy leadership across the organization.
- Lead the curriculum assessment and design process for the global L&D function
- Design learning solutions utilizing an array of blended delivery methods – instructor-led, e-learnings, mobile, print, video, gamification, business simulations, micro-learnings, social, etc.
- Partner with HR, Corporate departments and leadership stakeholders across the business to design and adapt content that meets specific functional and performance needs
- Review capability or curriculum gaps to propose improvements to instructional approach and/or recommend other solutions
- Support the building of a centralized instructional design, development and delivery team that will assess and meet both current and future learning demand
- Define and measure success metrics to assess short- and long-term transfer and effectiveness of learning programs
- Establish and maintain the design, quality and brand standards for learning at Chewy; work with functional training teams to ensure a globally consistent approach to training
- Be a thought leader in the areas of learning best practices, instructional design and adult learning methods; implement solutions to continuously keep Chewy learning relevant for our talent base
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; concentration in Instructional Design, Education, Communications or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years as a leader in the professional L&D space with strong focus on curriculum design, instructional design, and innovative delivery methods, ideally in a corporate environment
- Proven track record of building and delivering engaging, sustainable training interventions from the ground up
- Experience designing and leading the design of a wide portfolio of training experiences (instructor-led, eLearnings, etc.)
- Proficiency in instructional technology, such as authoring software (Captivate, InDesign, etc.), video editing software, and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Exceptional collaboration, interpersonal and diagnostic skills with demonstrated abilities to communicate effectively (written and oral) with all types of team members, from front-line workers to corporate executives
- Previous experience in managing content design teams and working cross-functionally with other technical and non-technical teams
- Solid organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently and with little oversight
- Notable attention to detail and accuracy; high level of commitment to exceptional work quality
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly creative, analytical, and data-driven at same time
- Occasional travel to Chewy’s other offices and Fulfillment Centers as needed (10-15%)
- Specific experience designing learning solutions for the following talent environments are preferred but not required:
- E-Commerce / Consumer Goods Organizations
- Call centers (or a similarly customer-oriented environment)
- Distribution Centers (or similar environment)