Assistant Director, HR and Labor Relations
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The People & Culture team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive and catalyze positive change.
We seek an Assistant Director, HR and Labor Relations to assist with labor relations and human resources matters, gathering, collecting, and maintaining documents and records required for contract and policy development, investigations, and negotiations. The AD, HR and Labor Relations is an integral member of ActBlue’s People & Culture team, will act as a trusted advisor to managers and staff, and will report to the HR Director.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide coaching, leadership and support to management and employees regarding union-related policies, procedures, programs, questions and concerns.
- Handle complex labor relations and human resource inquiries.
- Serve as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of union-related employee complaints.
- Conduct surveys, interviews, and other research related to human resource policies, compensation, and other labor negotiations; collects information and reports results to the HR Director.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to the NLRB, EEO, affirmative action, collective bargaining, unions, labor relations, and human resources to share with the HR and Legal teams.
- Prepare plans, policies, documents, reports, and communications as related to the following: EEO-1, affirmative action, collective bargaining, unions, and labor relations/activities.
- Build systems to maintain labor-management relations (e.g. quarterly meetings, etc.).
- Participate in collective bargaining negotiations and ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements (CBAs).
- Independently investigate problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to managers and employees.
- Prepare and present required and special reports related to employee and labor relations to internal Leadership
- Present, influence, negotiate and effectively coach managers to use the org best practices related to the CBA and ActBlue policies.
- Collaborate with Talent Development, Legal and D&I teams to recommend, create and execute trainings and materials in support of the CBA.
- Potential to manage 1-2 HR direct reports in the future.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- You are committed to ActBlue’s mission
- You are motivated to be part of a fast-paced, growing organization
- You bring 5-8 years of work experience executing HR processes, including the negotiation, implementation and ongoing management of 1-2+ new and simultaneous CBAs
- You are skilled at communication and navigating complex people and HR situations & demonstrate the ability to listen, learn, and drive to solutions with others
- You bring a record of strong judgment, objectivity, and discretion in advising others and handling sensitive information
- Knowledge of HR related federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Preferred: SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR certification
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin, and Wyoming
Salary range: $110,000 - $166,000
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.