Go-to-Market Strategy Director
Go-to-Market Strategy Director
Rapid7 is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 7,400 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.
Rapid7 is looking for a passionate Go-to-Market Strategy Director who will propose, create and manage global pricing, packaging, and promotions to accelerate our go-to-market business models, provide clear value to our customers, and deliver growth and profitability to Rapid7. As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will be a critical partner to Product Management, Sales, Finance and other cross-functional teams. Leveraging deep knowledge in go-to-market (GTM) strategy and business models, and working cross-functionally to thoroughly understand our customers, competitors, market, and business economics, the GTM Strategy Director will propose innovative business models and approaches, and work with cross-functional teams to research, test, establish and implement pricing, packaging, and promotions. This is an individual contributor role at this time, but an extremely influential one - you could truly impact Rapid7’s ability to drive increased revenue and deliver a differentiated customer experience.
- Work collaboratively with our Product Marketing, Sales, and Marketing teams to understand customer needs, buying patterns, channels and how Rapid7’s product and services can maximize share of customer wallet.
- Working early in the product development cycle, ideate and propose new product and service pricing and packaging.
- Regularly review existing price structures and levels to identify opportunities to deliver more value for Rapid7 and customers, such as increasing market share, facilitating customer adoption, or better capturing market value.
- Identify and propose new packaging, product reconfigurations, bundling and price promotions to capitalize on new market opportunities, and increase adoption and success for specific market segments, geographies or other opportunities.
- Work as a business partner with our FP&A and pricing/revenue analytics team, helping them to identify and implement improvements in analytical techniques and data infrastructure to improve the quality of pricing decisions.
- Conduct customer and partner interviews to gain insight as well as research industry-relevant business models.
- Present pricing proposals to executive staff; manage price proposal and approval processes, working collaboratively with Finance and Operations to analyze and execute pricing changes.
- Ensure that price changes are communicated effectively both internally and externally to customers, partners, and any other key constituents, working collaboratively with Product Marketing and Sales. Craft messaging and positioning to help our go-to-market teams and channels differentiate and succeed.
- Lead research to test pricing hypotheses, support proposed changes, and identify opportunities, as outlined above.
- Working with finance, analyze, understand and communicate, internally, the impact of price changes to existing customers.
- Measure the impact of price changes, and communicate results internally, including comparisons to expectations and goals.
- Work collaboratively with our Product Marketing, Sales and Marketing teams to develop online pricing strategies and implementation.
- Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related fields
- Background in subscription products and technology services
- 3 to 5 years experience in pricing and packaging strategy and analysis preferably for Saas or subscription products
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a business strategy or product marketing function.
- Experience in top-tier strategy consulting, private equity or similar firm a plus
- High degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to facilitate and influence change, and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas and analysis, simply and visually
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative are musts