Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for handling the collection of customer accounts while ensuring assigned accounts are maintained within acceptable company guidelines along with related tasks. This collections’ role will report to the AR Supervisor.
• Collections follow-up calls and emails on a daily basis.
• Utilize document management software (Netsuite) to support billing activities and to process transactions daily.
• Maintain collections notes in Netsuite.
• Assist in weekly, semi-monthly and monthly billing for all payers and ensures that all tasks are completed for billing.
• Maintain supporting documentation for all billed invoices.
• Research, escalate and resolve any billing discrepancies.
• Work with payers and other AR staff to resolve outstanding issues with a focus on over 60 day balances.
• Address and resolve account credit balances and overpayments.
• Prepare aging analysis, collections, and reconciliations of Accounts Receivable as applicable.
• Assist with the resolution of any issues that could impact the timely month-end closing.
• Assist in providing required training when necessary.
• Support special projects and mission critical initiatives.
• Proactively supports management as well as the objectives and goals of the department.
• Help establish and achieve regional DSO (day sales outstanding) goals.
• Assist with vendor portal management.
• Experience in a customer-based role
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities; skilled in time management
• Billing experience a plus
• Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
• Commitment to excellent customer service
• Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus; general understanding of accounting principles
• Skilled in negotiation
• Experience with Netsuite or Salesforce a plus