Software Research Engineer - Python, OpenCV at RightHand Robotics
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on production fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our R&D team as a software/robotics engineer. You will be responsible for creating perception and motion planning modules to extend our robot’s capabilities to handle new manipulation tasks and new classes of manipulated objects. This is a hands-on job that will require you to work on the robots in our headquarters, and your code will be shipped to robots in warehouses around the world.
You will join a diverse team with expertise spanning hardware, software and solutions design, and can expect regular interaction with members of the engineering, business, and deployment teams.
You will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering and 3+ years work experience in a related field, or a master’s degree in engineering and 1+ years work experience (relevant, full-time work as a graduate research assistant is welcome).
- Strong experience with Python development, particularly numpy and OpenCV
- Strong linear algebra and geometry skills
- Experience with a production software development environment (version control, automated testing, build tools)
- Hands-on software/hardware testing and development experience
- Familiarity with basic optimization theory, e.g. linear/nonlinear programming, dynamic programming
- Familiarity with classic motion planning problems
- Willingness to disregard the motion planning literature, from time to time
- Experience with autonomous robot/vehicle software architectures
Our perks include:
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.