Senior Software Developer - Python at RightHand Robotics
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are hiring for an experienced Python developer to take a lead role in ensuring that our product can continue to scale. You will be responsible for developing the infrastructure that determines when our systems are good enough to ship. Our customers depend on our flagship RightPick piece-picking robots for consistent, reliable robotic piece-picking. We will depend on you to verify the quality of everything that goes out the door. You will have a large impact in defining acceptance criteria for product requirements and writing software to make sure that those criteria are met. Your thoughtful troubleshooting in-house -- seeing something unexpected and digging in to discover why and what its implications are -- will be a major factor in our robot's success in the field.
- Implement and manage a test framework for the engineering team
- Provide continuous integration for our software-hardware platform
- Perform white-box and black-box testing
- Work regularly on and around production-grade robots
- 5+ years of software development experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience with testing methodologies and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Familiarity with Linux, git, and one or more established test frameworks so that you can hit the ground running
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
We are particularly excited to hear from candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Web services
- ML test frameworks
Our perks include:
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.