Senior Software Automation Engineer (Robotics, Python)
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are looking for experienced software engineers to develop critical systems software for robots running in the field. These people will work closely with our team to deliver rapidly evolving complex state-of-the-art systems while preserving stability and system speed. A minimum of 7 years experience in software development in a production environment through all aspects of a products lifecycle. Other desired background, interests, and responsibilities include:
- Help define acceptance criteria for product requirements
- Write software to ensure those criteria are met
- Implement and manage a test framework and automation for the engineering team
- Provide continuous integration for our software-hardware platform
- Experience debugging a complex, real-time, multi-process system
- Experience bringing projects from concept through deployment and into maintenance
- Work regularly on and around production-grade robots
- Skilled in Linux tool-development (3+ years)
- Skilled in Python development (5+ years)
- Skilled in Test automation development (5+ years)
- An effective troubleshooter
- Detail oriented
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Have experience with testing complex hardware-software systems
- Have experience working with ticketing system
- Cloud Infrastructure
Our perks include:
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early stage company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.