Quality Assurance Specialists at Nuance
Quality Assurance Specialists
Reports to: Quality Operations Manager.
Shift: General shift as per requirement of business.
- Bachelor’s preferred; Associate’s or relevant certification with equivalent experience required.
- Minimum experience of 2 years as Quality Controller or Quality Auditor in healthcare documentation industry.
- Knowledge of error grading per AHDI, quality principles and its applications.
- Demonstrated excellence in quality delivery with attention to detail.
- Excellent English professional writing skills including advanced proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects with proficiency in medical terminology.
- For home-based employees, ability to work in a secure and private location on a personal computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection and one that can run security software to ensure safe handling of health information.
- Ability to work during regular business hours and outside of regular business hours as needed to meet customer deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and limit distractions to consistently meet deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team and adapt to change.
- Should be credible, self-driven, result-oriented with positive outlook, team player and empathic communicator.
- Experience with Office 365 and cloud-based productivity tools.
- Proficiency in AHDI Book of Style standards and other documentation standards as applicable in healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records and ability to navigate through some of the most common EHRs like Epic, Allscripts etc.
- Familiarity with coding and billing aspects of medical document.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit and assess post-delivery charts of Quality Documentation Specialists to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Ensuring integrity of the audits by adhering to the established standards.
- Coordinates internally on error grading standards and directives to ensure assessments are completed to the highest quality standards.
- Review providers specifications and highlight inconsistencies or lack of information.
- Provide advisory on alarming trends noted in category of errors and/or quality issues specific to client or quality documentation specialists.
- Participate and Contribute during biweekly calibration on error grading standards to help build a robust Quality Program.
- Provides advisory and education to the Quality Documentation Specialists through comments and feedback program in the Audit tool as part of improvement strategy.
- Performs duties as required or per directive from the Quality Operations Manager to help run and support the Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensure the audit tracker is updated and the data provided is accurate.
- Requires a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week
- Position is classified as Full-time Employee and is eligible for health insurance benefits
- Pay starts at $17/hour
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.