Production Build Engineer
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on production fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our hardware team as a Production Engineer. Your primary responsibility will be to build, test, and debug our robots on the manufacturing floor. The expectation is that you are fast-learning, independent, and can work with engineers on our software, hardware and deployment teams to execute on the company’s production targets.
- Build and test robotic piece-picking work cells, working from drawings and schematics provided by the hardware team
- Perform software updates on robots in production using RHR’s installation tools
- Run terminal commands to execute test scripts and programs, and perform system bring-up and debugging by analyzing outputs
- Work closely with our hardware and software engineers to build and iterate on “first article” systems that have new or unique requirements
- BS in EE/ME discipline or equivalent. Experience in a manufacturing or production environment is a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of basic programming; Python and Linux experience is a plus
- Strong organization and time management skills; Ability to take a high-level production plan for the week ahead and break it into manageable pieces
- Ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and high-stress situations
- Mechanical and electrical repair skills. Are you a “tinkerer"?
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to write tools and scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Experience recording logs and documenting software bugs
Our perks include:
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.