Manufacturing Process Engineer at Piaggio Fast Forward
Piaggio Fast Forward is looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our growing manufacturing team. The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for creating and overseeing standardized production procedures; maintaining all documentation for products, such as work instructions and bill of materials; and determining ways to minimize operating costs, such as equipment justification to enhance performance. This role will review key manufacturing data points such as cycle and run times based on data from the MES. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will also look at issues like space requirements and machinery layout to create an optimized workflow. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will be intimately familiar with the overall manufacturing process and able to see the big picture and how each individual part of the process affects the other pieces.
- Assist in improving manufacturing process by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Define, characterize, and aid the implementation of new processes (including process controls and assembly specs such as torques, forces, cure times, etc.).
- Assure sound engineering and validation principles are applied to process design.
- Develop processes to be trouble free and ensure success every time (zero defects).
- Assist with equipment selection and drive implementation of new equipment.
- Maintain tool requirements at individual workstations, and monitor that they are properly used and calibrated.
- Analyze current production procedures and standards to identify inefficiencies.
- Responsible for monitoring the new procedures and reporting successes and failures to the Production Supervisor.
- Realtime floor issue resolution; review part/material failures from assembly and assessing whether it is a supplier/material issue or assembly/production issue; documenting faults through the MRB and root causing the issue as well as assessing corrective action.
- Transfer of engineering changes to manufacturing/BOM/systems and production integration.
- Analyze data related to manufacturing line performance and production cycle times.
- Manage MES System (Tulip).
- BS or greater in Mechanical/Electrical/Process Engineering or a related subject is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing process/engineering environment.
- Excellent technical skills (mechanical, electrical, technical, assembly).
- MRP/ERP experience required, Netsuite experience preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong communication skills required (verbal and written).
- Cross-functional capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Tulip (MES) experience is strongly preferred.
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.