Vertica Database Administrator at MassMutual
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Administers database technology and systems responsible for backup, recovery, server architecture, performance tuning, security, auditing, metadata management, optimization, statistics, capacity planning, connectivity and other data solutions of mission-critical database systems
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain corporate databases and processing demands
- Provide database solutions
- Monitors and reacts to problems in the database software.
- Identifies need for and designs new databases.
- Solve complex business issues including data processing, loading, performance improvements, data storage, and data replication
- 8+ experience as a Database Administrator
- 4-5 years of working experience with Vertica
- 5+ years of working with SQL
- Skilled in handling all phases of database development and management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with relational databases, data structures and/or database management systems.
- Proven ability to communicate and work within a large team
- Vertica Essentials training
- Vertica Advanced Query Optimization training
- Experience working within financial services