Travel & Expense Analyst at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking to add a Travel & Expense Analyst to our Accounts Payable team. The position will be essential to the CarGurus travel experience. Our ideal candidate will have experience with travel management, expense management, accounts payable and also excels in customer-facing roles.What You'll Do:
- Support Company travel globally
- Work directly with CarGurus Travel Management Company
- Review expense reports in accordance with Company policy and other regulations
- Build and maintain travel reporting that will be sent up to Senior Leadership
- Review Company Travel Policy annually and make critical adjustments
- Identify & review opportunities for cost savings
- Perform month-end balance reconciliations
- Perform analytical and ad hoc reporting as required
- Support global corporate card program
- Work with internal employees and vendors regarding account and expense inquiries
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and responsible for helping to make policy adjustments
- Look for areas of improvement in execution to ensure efficient and effective processing of AP and T&E transactions
- Provide information for monthly key performance indicators
- Assist in special projects as required
- Strong proven understanding of Travel Platforms, Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Travel & Expense systems and procedures
- Quick learner and self-starter who has the ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Ability to work in a paperless, fast-paced environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Accustomed to working with Quarterly and Annual timelines.
- Technical understanding of Finance systems, preferably Concur and NetSuite
- Experience serving internal leadership and external customers/suppliers
- Shown understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and reconciliation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Most important Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.