Technology Manager, Data Science
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Love data? We do too.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Technology Manager to join our data science organization. You will lead a team of talented engineers to create technical products that solve complex analytical challenges. Collaborating with internal business partners, you’ll also be an expert voice in communicating how data can provide key insights and tangible products that help us grow. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Tech Manager in Data Science:
- You will manage and mentor a talented team of Data Engineers, aiding them in their own career growth.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver value through your team.
- You’ll also balance broad level project management with hands-on code work.
- You will lead system design discussions to help your team overcome scaling challenges.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 7+ years of experience in software engineering management with a background in machine learning and data science.
- A deep understanding of OOP and REST design principles.
- You also have a history of building relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders and peers such as Product Managers, UX Designers, Project Managers, and Company Leadership
- Ability to balance short-term delivery and long-term platform health.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.