Sr.Data Analyst at MassMutual
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual.
We’re people helping people.
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals.
Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Engineering team, part of MassMutual’s Enterprise Technology and Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring an Advanced Data Analyst to join our team.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Advanced Data Analyst candidate is proficient in data management and has a strong analytical capability. You’ll use your skills to provide subject matter expertise and complete in-depth data analysis, which contribute to the strategic efforts of the team. You’re also detail-oriented and adaptable. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual are core reasons people enjoy working on the Data Engineering team at MassMutual.
Objectives of the role
- Participate with various teams to define data requirements, review test cases and process change requests.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the data needs for project deliveries, scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Review and coordinate with business application teams on data delivery requirements.
- Develop estimation and proposed delivery schedules in coordination with development team.
- Develop sourcing and data delivery designs.
- Review data model, metadata and delivery criteria for solution.
- Review and coordinate with team on test criteria and performance of testing.
- Contribute to the design, development and completion of project deliverables.
- Complete in-depth data analysis and contribution to strategic efforts
- Complete understanding of how we manage data with focus on improvement
of how data is sourced and managed across multiple business areas.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of data analysis working with business data initiatives.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and use in data access and analysis.
- Proficient in data management including data analytical capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications also high attention to detail.
- Experience with Python.
- Presentation skills in demonstrating system design and data analysis solutions.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Familiar with agile project delivery process.
- Ability to manage diverse projects impacting multiple roles and processes.
- Candidate should be able to troubleshoot problem areas and identify data gaps and issues.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing automated ETL processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.