Sr. Data Science Engineer
DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love.
The Data Science group at DraftKings is an engineering team made up of members with skill sets across math and software development, dedicated to building product that solves some of the most analytically challenging problems here at DraftKings. The work we do encompasses: (1) Data mining - uncover deep insight hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to leverage findings (2) Algorithm design - develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques (3) Algorithm platform engineering - architect and build technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale.
As part of this role, you will be a creative thinker in how to solve problems, utilizing quantitative and software development skills along with business understanding to devise solutions. You’ll work within the DraftKings data technology infrastructure to dive deep into our data sets and develop innovative new product capabilities.
What you will do:
- Partner closely with business leads across the company to plan out valuable data science projects
- Work in complex technical systems and wrangle data from a wide set of data sources
- Construct advanced models that uncover learnings from raw data to be leveraged for action
- Serve as an engineering lead to build algorithm solutions into our overall technical platform
What you will need to bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical, commercial work environment
- Software development experience – high comfort level with programming, e.g. languages such as Python, Java, C#, C++, etc
- Knowledge of quantitative methods – statistics, machine learning, general data analysis
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems
- Highly collaborative, team-player attitude
- Bonus: strong interest in playing fantasy sports
At DraftKings, we promote diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.