Software Developer, Data Engineering at VMware
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our VMWare Carbon Black Cloud Development teams to build solutions that will help us deliver an industry leading security product to our customers. Join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of latest cloud technologies to solve big problems while partnering with threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis. You’ll build solutions that our customers are clamoring for, that will help our customers prevent the next frontpage security breach.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain large scale data storage, data processing and data ingestion systems which handle Petabytes of data.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Improve the user experience by providing solutions that make data ingestion, analytics simpler and reliable.
- Design and develop solutions to extend the data platform.
- Participate in design, architecture and code reviews to help us develop feature and stability enhancements.
- Build tools around the data lake for easy and cost effective consumption of the data.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Support existing production code and improve performance and customer experience.
What You’ll Bring
- Software engineering mindset and ability to write elegant , maintainable code and follow engineering best practices.
- A solid understanding of algorithms, distributed systems design and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in handling with both structured and unstructured data.
- Strong understanding of both Batch processing and Stream Processing.
- Strong understanding of Messaging infrastructure, for example, Kinesis or Kafka
- Strong understanding of Java, Spark, Presto, AWS Services for data processing
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (ideally Java, or Python)
- Solid Linux administration skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with remote teams
- Java & Python
- AWS services for data processing
- Spark, Presto, Kinesis
- CI/CD pipelines
- Databases, SQL
- Reducing costs in production
- Agile Software Development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- Flink BigData Framework
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.