Senior Technical Manager, Big Data Infrastructure (BDI) at LiveRamp
LiveRamp is looking for a Senior Technical Manager, Big Data Infrastructure (BDI) to help grow the BDI team. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you are responsible for helping your team be successful by setting context, resolving blockers, removing distractions, instituting smart processes, and recruiting new members for the team.
In this role you will guide engineers in their development, and foster a fun and productive workplace environment. You also have the technical background to serve as a sounding board to the engineers on your team on major projects. We value integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork, and our leaders cultivate these behaviors in the organization.You will:
- Build and lead a diverse team of world-class Big Data engineers
- Define, evolve and communicate the team’s vision, mission, technical strategy and roadmap
- Build strong relationships with Engineering, Product and other external stakeholders. Work with them to influence their and team’s roadmaps to include centralized tools/technologies/frameworks/standards.
- Work on and lead multiple projects and initiatives with competing timelines and demands
- Be a coach to the engineers on the team, helping them succeed in their current role while preparing them for future roles.
- Set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening, and interviewing.
- End to end ownership from setting up frameworks to evangelize best practices, continuous improvements and optimizations of code and processes, and ensuring team members adhere to those best practices during the design and development
- Be able to write, debug and refactor code and contribute as an individual contributor as situation demands it
Your team will:
- Support and/or own the deployment of Big Data Infrastructure, Framework and tools including setting up production environments
- Develop and automate large scale infrastructure to support high-performance data processing systems(batch and real time)
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Support Security, Compliance and Backup/Disaster recovery governance support in production infrastructure
- Drive effective resolutions of core infrastructure issues with Engineering teams
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of experience managing teams in the big data domain.
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience in one of the languages - Python, Go, Java or Scala.
- You have 2+ years of hands on experience in managing and optimizing Big Data ecosystems such as Spark, Hadoop/MR, Hive, and distributed systems such as Kafka
- You have experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and reliability practices
- You've worked with complex distributed data systems deployed at scale.
- You excel in undefined environments and get excited about finding solutions to complex technical challenges, and then building them.
- You can recruit, hire, and build a team
- You love coaching distributed teams and developing an effective organization.
- You have experience in containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Contributions to open source projects
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.