EverQuote is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Machine Learning Engineering team! As a senior member of the Machine Learning Engineering team, you will be instrumental in delivering architecture improvements that will scale EverQuote’s Machine Learning Platforms.
What you’ll do:
Build next-generation engineering platforms to serve innovative Data Science solutions in EverQuote’s production environment while also making sure the existing platforms are scalable, performant and easy to maintain. You will be joining a team of talented, collaborative engineers and data scientists eager to grow and deliver. You will shine as a mentor to this team, providing technical insight and guidance as the team grows.
- 7+ years of professional programming experience including experience at a software product company
- Demonstrated performance in a microservice-based architecture and are proficient in Docker and Kubernetes, experience with managing Kubernetes related infrastructure on GKE or EKS is a plus
- Python expert, fluent with Python packages for data manipulation such as Pandas and Numpy, and web frameworks such as Django or Flask/Sanic.
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning methodologies and popular ML packages such as Scikit-learn, Tensorflow/Keras, or PyTorch, and enjoy working with Data Scientists on a regular basis to put solutions into production that act as multipliers to the business
- Comfortable using data to support and validate your work, fluent with SQL (MySQL or Snowflake), and proficient with tools such as Jupyter notebooks to formalize and visualize your analysis to your team and stakeholders
- Deep experience designing systems with a platform-centric mindset, want to build and manage long-lasting platforms that make ML solutions generally available for the rest of the organization
- Able to quickly diagnose and solve code problems, as well as help others unblock themselves, and actively advocate and help to establish best practices to optimize your team’s daily operations
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and mentoring teammates, and communicating designs to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Keen sense about ML related technologies, stay on top of industry trends and actively help the team to expand the tech stack.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working with an Agile team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment where everyday contributions have a big impact.
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.