Senior MySQL Database Engineer at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:19 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Do you MySQL?
We look to MySQL as the base of our high performing and ever growing application. As a Database Engineer, you will develop, optimize and support that geographically distributed database infrastructure, both in the cloud and on prem. If you're interested in taking on the kind of engineering challenges necessary to provide for these complex and highly available systems, we hope you join our team.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of our large scale database environments in the cloud and on-prem
- Automate monitoring, maintenance and support related tasks
- Recommend, follow, advocate and train on database performance best practices
- You will be able to rapidly diagnose and fix problems and provide periodic on-call support
- Lead the planning and implementation of all aspects of database disaster recovery
What You'll Need:
- Proficiency in MySQL database administration, with 3-5 years experience
- Expertise in SQL (complex queries and stored procedures)
- Expertise in data modelling and schema design
- Amazon Web Services experience, 2-5 years
- Strong Linux skills
- Proficiency in the scripting language of your choice (shell, perl, python, etc) for monitoring and custom automation
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills
- Extensive experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Read Full Job Description