Senior Merchandising Data Analyst at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Senior Merchandising Data Analyst to join our Merchandising Analytics Team based in Dania Beach, FL, Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA . In this role, the Senior Merchandising Data Analyst will directly support our Vendor Products and Services strategies for external suppliers along with Core Reporting for internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate demonstrates exemplary skills in retrieving and analyzing large data sets, and is highly proficient in SQL, Excel and Tableau. In addition to a strong analytics background, this individual possesses exemplary data visualization and presentation skills. This role interfaces with both internal and external stakeholders so clear and structured communication is key.
What you'll do:
- Partner with internal analytics, data engineering, and BI teams to develop and QA new data tables and data sources across multiple platforms
- Lead development of Tableau and other data visualizations for internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and support requirements gathering sessions to understand data requirements for internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to construct and prioritize product release roadmaps
- Perform complex analyses by leveraging large data sets from multiple systems to surface actionable insights that support the Merchandising in making data-driven decisions around product assortment, site placement, promotions, and operational performance
- Partner with various analytics teams to scope and build scalable, self-service reporting for cross-functional stakeholders
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Information Management or a related degree with analytical emphasis.
- 2+ years of related work experience analyzing data and building dashboards
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and statistics
- Advanced data visualization skills using software such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- High degree of proficiency executing complex data analyses
- Ability to independently coordinate cross-functional projects, delivering results on tight timelines
- Working understanding of Financial KPIs and P&L statement
- Proficient understanding of data warehousing and relational or columnar database structure
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environments with speed and commitment to quality
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience partnering with external vendors and suppliers
- Masters or equivalent advanced academic degree
- Advanced technical skills using R, Python, or other programming languages
- Ecommerce or retail experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com