Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
Here at Thrasio we are building one of the largest and most sophisticated data and analytics platforms in e-commerce to not only empower and supercharge our internal teams with data-driven insights but to develop unique capabilities that provide Thrasio a competitive advantage and help us further scale.
If you are passionate about the power of data and analytics to deliver a long-lasting impact and want to help empower one of our most critical business functions, then this is the role for you.
You will partner with senior leaders across the organization to and use price to optimize for long term profitability, drive efficient trade-offs between revenue and profit, and manage price perception of our customers across the worlds biggest e-commerce marketplaces and selling channels.
As a member of the pricing and promotions team, you will work with our executive team to understand their most pressing and high value needs, build a team of analysts to manage our price levels, and help craft the long term vision of our cross functional teams filled with data engineers, data analysts and data scientists.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run exploratory data analysis to identify new ideas and opportunities
- Proactively monitor our pricing, cost and margin levels to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve
- Manage margin at the portfolio level and help the company make efficient profit trade-offs to meet our business goals
- Determine where to invest in lower prices and aggressive promotions the short term for long term growth and build communication plans around the investment strategy
- Communicate your vision, roadmap and priorities to the senior leadership team and drive alignment with relevant business leaders on top priorities and the business value for major initiatives
- Act as a valuable thought partner to key leaders and help shape and influence their business objectives, measures of success, and priorities
- Determine the complexion of resources needed short-term and longer-term to execute on your roadmap across engineering, data science, and analytics and work with leaders in those areas to build dedicated teams to execute your vision
- Build a team of high performing analysts and thoughtfully divide and allocate the roadmap across them
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE PARTY
- Demonstrated success working with executives at the most senior levels, developing an analytics roadmap, and providing recommendations that direct business strategy and achieve high impact results
- 5+ years work experience in a relevant field (in addition to any graduate education)
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts
- Experience designing and implementing visible, and innovative analytical strategies
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability managing, guiding, and growing analytic leaders
- Experience with SQL or a structured programming language (aggregate functions, query optimization, stored procedures, string parsing, Vertica/Hive/Presto/Spark, etc.), is a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.