Senior Manager, Data Engineering at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:21 p.m. (EST) on Monday, February 28, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Supply Chain and Finance Engineering Team is responsible for the Platforms that contain some of the most business-critical functions at Thrasio such as the Inventory, Wholesale and Finance. We are also responsible for Data Integrations between the Global Partners and Thrasio. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our ERP Systems, Data Warehouse, Data Analytics, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, Inventory management, Data Insights, Financial Reports.
This is a highly multi-functional and visible role, you will be directly involved in decisions that affect every future Thrasio business. The position requires a very technical and hands-on leader, experience in working closely with Technical, Product and Analytical teams and a deep understanding of Business needs. You are a highly self-motivated individual who creates a dynamic and creative team environment in which problems are solved in new and innovative ways.
Key responsibilities include:
- A successful person in this role will own major components of the Supply chain / Finance data landscape, drive alignment with other teams including the business stakeholders, guide architecture and design within the team and influence it outside.
- Build a strong engineering brand and be able to attract and retain top notch talent and grow a team of software and data engineers. Drive vision & strategy for building the Engineering Team and platform for the Supply Chain and Finance Data.
- Provide technical leadership, influence and partner with your team to architect, design and build systems and platforms that can stand the test of scale and availability, while reducing operational overhead.
- Partner with Business end users to build solutions that create business value.
- Partner with Product, Analytics and engineering teams to build a platform that amplifies developer impact and provides a foundation of reusable software components and infrastructure.
- Participate in code review and facilitate design discussions.
What you bring to the party:
- 10+ years of work experience including several years of leadership and people management.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Deep technical skills including architecture/design, data modeling and developing services in a service oriented architecture.
- Excellent communication skills: Able to effectively communicate in a clear, concise manner with experience communicating technical issues to cross-functional groups.
- You are a creative critical thinker and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- You have a strategic attitude with an aptitude to condense complex concepts.
- Experience managing new product and/or program introductions and must have ability to remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and have flexibility to change course based on business needs or environmental conditions.
- Track record of successfully building relationships and working tightly with cross-functional teams. Ability to set and meet attainable goals for your teams.
- Experience in eCommerce, Inventory, Finance, logistics, or SAAS are preferred but not required.
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Python) and Proficient in SQL and Data Analysis.
Nice to haves:
- Familiar with public cloud technologies. AWS is preferred.
- Experience in Backend Microservices and Reporting Tools.
- Familiar with workflow management systems like airflow or oozie.
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, and system architecture with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.