Senior Data Visualization Engineer (Remote) at Humana Studio_h
The Senior Data Visualization Engineer builds user interfaces, visualizations, and data algorithms. Takes complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights and ultimately enable them to make the better business decisions. The Senior Data Visualization Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Visualization Engineer may work with stakeholders to perform data analytics and write software. Assists in the development of our cloud based analytics platform. Builds interactive visualizations and front end software applications for stakeholder engagement. Can perform analytics based on stakeholder needs. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering and/or related field
- 5 or more years of professional experience performing data analytics and building user interfaces, visualizations, and data algorithms
- Experience with Power BI
- Strong with SQL
- Experience taking complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who works well in a team environment
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering and/or related field
- Healthcare or managed care experience
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with data extraction and analysis technologies such as SAS, SPSS, QlikView, Hadoop or similar tools
- Experience with reporting and creating metrics for management
- Experience with data mining, predictive modeling techniques and using data to drive business outcomes and decisions
- This is a remote, work-at-home position anywhere in the US
****Only persons with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO
Work at Home/Remote Requirements
- Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meeting
- Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
As part of our hiring process, we may utilize an interviewing technology called Montage Voice through Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.