Senior Data Scientist at Cohere Health (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for innovative and creative individuals who seize opportunities to uncover hidden drivers, impacts, and key influences to support our product, leadership and clinical teams by applying optimization and statistical methods on a variety of data. You will work closely with the clinical program and product teams to support decision-making and will dig into a wide range of strategic and clinical problems.
As a growing organization, we have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about helping providers and patients and this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantial impact on the company with rapid growth opportunities. You will be part of a growing data science team within the technology organization.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop project requirements, identifying data collection sources for project needs. Responsible for milestone setting from a data science perspective
- Develop research questions and undertake data exploration to understand who our product users are, how they get value out of Cohere, and where we can develop our product to bring greater value and simplify healthcare
- Perform in-depth analysis of healthcare data coupled with data from product and other sources to independently design, develop, and deliver analytic deliverables that meet quality, cost and service objectives
- Leveraging data from various sources, e.g., eligibility, medical, pharmacy claims, and data submitted by providers via the prior authorization process, working with Clinical Programs to analyze and simulate expected impact and ROI, e.g., medical expense, administrative cost, improved quality and outcomes
- Present information using data visualization techniques and propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
What you bring:
- 4+ years analytical experience at company where health outcomes were critical to the mission, preferably a healthcare analytics company or population health organization
- Proficient in current modeling approaches, standard scientific methods for intervention based analysis, trend identification, and data analytics
- Strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, utilizing a variety of analytic tools, building and implementing models, creating algorithms and running simulations
- Experience with programming languages (Python, R, PySpark, Scala and/or Spark SQL)
- Strong interest and understanding of EMR data, Claims and SDOH data
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Kibana, preferred
- MSc or higher degree in a data science/ analytics, statistics, mathematics related field
What you bring bonus edition:
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud platform
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with graph database