With the continued impact of COVID-19 and social distancing measures, Kensho is conducting all interviews and on-boarding activities remotely. At the present time, all employees are working remotely, until further notice. When the time comes to open our offices, Kensho will fully support those employees who would like to continue working remotely and not ask anyone to return to the office until they are comfortable.
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the freedom, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
We are seeking experienced Data Engineers to join our Data Engineering Team. The team is responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kensho’s data ingestion, processing, and storage solutions. They work with stakeholders across Kensho and S&P to map the data landscape, triage data requirements, and design and implement a comprehensive data strategy.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience with the tasks and skills below, has been recognized as a technical leader, and has demonstrated success:
- Designing, coordinating, and implementing production data platforms using industry standard and/or open source software
- Navigating between project management, technical leadership, and individual contributor roles
- Negotiating between new requirements, legacy systems, technical debt, and best practices
- Mentoring colleagues on data engineering best practices and systems design.
What You'll Do:
- Work with industry standard and/or open source software such as PostgreSQL, Kafka, Airflow, Hive, etc.Implement and maintain a data management and governance framework.
- Support machine learning and application teams by setting up custom data solutions.
- Design, maintain, and scale Kensho’s data pipeline and document processing platform.
- Build event and batch driven ingestion systems for stand-alone software products, machine learning R&D, and API services.
- Develop and administer databases, knowledge bases, and distributed data stores.
- Create and use systems to clean, integrate, or fuse datasets to produce data products.
- Perform continuous and periodic studies on systems cost efficiency, performance, and overall health
- Establish and monitor data integrity and value through visualization, profiling, and statistical tools.
- Implement and maintain a data management and governance framework.
What You'll Need:
- Experience with various data-store technologies, distributed messaging platforms, or data processing framework
- Experience designing, architecting and building reliable data pipelines
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Effective coding, documentation, and communication habits
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience integrating/fusing data from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques, frameworks, and best practices
- Project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- (Bonus) Experience with Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps (CICD), and Cloud Administration.
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.