We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Love data? We do too.
As a Senior Data Engineer, Delivery you’ll be a creative contributor, leader and mentor to our data analysis and scalability processes, and you will use your experience to provide key insights that help us make data-driven decisions. Analytical thinking drives our business and when you join our team, you’ll not only solve new problems every day, you’ll see your data solutions immediately improve our users’ experience.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize your experience to mentor, guide and advice on best practices for delivering performant solutions
- Manage Tableau administration, support and visualizations
- Own design and development of OLAP Cubes end to end
- Drive and lead all delivery tool adoption
- You will also focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning in all deliverables
- Work with product owners and tech leads to implement high quality, production-grade cubes and reports
- You’ll build tools to provide actionable insights into key business metrics
- Care about agility like you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and priority management is key
- Have the opportunity to see your personal work make an immediate impact on influential products
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in all aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations
- 2+ years experience with Tableau
- Experience with MS SSAS - administration, configuration, design and implementation
- Alation or data catalogue experience
- Experience with planning work and technically leading a team of talented data engineers and report writers
- The ability to build and optimize data architectures, data sets and data delivery
- A deep knowledge of a variety of data engines like SQL Server, MySQL, and Redshift
- You’ll also have a solid understanding of dimensional modeling
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Read Full Job Description