Senior Data Analyst at MassMutual
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual.
We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong
stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard.
We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Advanced Data Analyst candidate is proficient in data management and has a strong analytical capability. The incumbent will use own skills to provide subject matter expertise and complete in-depth data analysis, which contribute to the strategic efforts of the team. You’re also detail-oriented and adaptable. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies for data driven decision making
combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual are among the core reasons people enjoy working at MassMutual.
MassMutual continues to expand its data analytics capabilities and we are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual with strong analytics background to join our Data Analytics team within the Enterprise Technology Experience organization! Data plays a key role at MassMutual, and as such, our Data Analytics team plays a critical role in MassMutual’s success. In this role, you must be proficient in data management,
have a strong analytical capability and be able to partner with stakeholders to understand their needs. You will use your skills to provide subject matter expertise and complete in-depth data analysis, which contribute to
the strategic efforts of the team. The team embodies a culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, and using new technologies all in support of a culture of.
Objectives of the role
- Participate with various teams to define and understand data requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on the data needs for project deliveries, scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Review and coordinate with business application teams on data delivery requirements.
- Develop estimation and proposed delivery schedules in coordination with development team.
- Develop sourcing and data delivery designs.
- Review data model, metadata, and delivery criteria for solution.
- Work with data partners to develop/ enhance data to gain required insights
- Design and develop dashboards and reports to visualize analysis results using BI tools
- Contribute to the design, development and completion of project deliverables.
- Complete in-depth data analysis and contribution to strategic efforts
- Complete understanding of how we manage data with focus on improvement
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of data analysis working with business data initiatives.
- Knowledge of SQL and use in data access and analysis.
- Experience with R and Python.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Looker, Tableau, etc…
- Basic knowledge of database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, etc.).
- Proficient in data management including data analytical capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, high attention to detail.
- Presentation skills in demonstrating system design and data analysis solutions.
- Authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Familiar with agile project delivery process.
- Ability to manage diverse projects impacting multiple roles and processes.
- Candidate should be able to troubleshoot problem areas and identify data gaps and issues.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Experience designing and implementing automated ETL processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.