Senior Data Analyst, Core Shopping at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy is seeking a bright and curious Senior Data Analyst in Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA, to leverage a wide set of analytical skills to help us advance core shopping experience. You will have the opportunity to dive in and investigate strategic business problems as we grow, scale and enter new markets.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with cross functional teams (product management, engineering, and business operations) to understand the insights they need to manage and grow their businesses
- Develop, maintain, and enhance analytics solutions to provide business insights that guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Perform investigations into data questions and weaving those findings into an effective story to be actionable for business users
- Proactively monitor customer behavior to identify trends that are sources of opportunity or potential issues, determine root causes, and work with business partners on next steps.
What You’ll Need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS, Engineering or related quantitative discipline with at least 3 years of related, full-time experience in an analyst role working on a business team or a Master’s degree in Information Systems, or quantitative field and 2 years' experience
- Strong SQL skills with a working understanding of databases, ETL process, Data Modeling on unstructured or undefined data sets across multiple business functions.
- An ability to develop production level code that can be implemented at an org level
- Demonstrated experience with BI Tools (Tableau, Power BI, Knime, OBIEE, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience interpreting data, designing metrics and analyzing results using exploratory as well as statistical techniques
- Experience presenting findings to business partners across the organization, including executive leadership
- Excellent technical skills and a strong passion for data analysis and investigation and should also be intellectually curious in the quest for answers to the cause and effect of business outcomes.
- A self-starter mentality and ability to operate within a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Proven analytic skills using SAS, R or Python.
- A foundational understanding of statistical techniques such as regression, predictive modeling, forecasting, time series analysis, and clustering and apply those to answer business needs
Bonus (if applicable):
- Experience using Vertica, Snowflake SQL, Google analytics, BigQuery, Click stream data, Data modelling, data warehouse, ETL process
- Previous experience with ecommerce retail or similar setting or marketing / advertising technology
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]