Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at MassMutual
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to
Live Mutual. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes
MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard.
We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate will support the implementation of BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses.
He/She will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, and deployment of reporting solutions
(reports, dashboards, scorecards etc.) and applying data visualizations.
Incumbents will leverage BI tools such as Tableau, SQL, SSRS, Micro Strategy, Alteryx to perform data integration, data visualization, analytics, and report development.
MassMutual continues to expand its data analytics capabilities and we are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual with strong analytics background to join our
Data Analytics team within the Enterprise Technology Experience organization! Data plays a key role at MassMutual, and as such, our Data Analytics team plays a critical role in
MassMutual’s success. The ideal candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills, and has a solid understanding of both IT systems and underlying business
concepts to help bridge data gaps and drive standardization. We are looking for a candidate to build scalable value, assist in enhancing current infrastructure, and present actionable insights into easily digestible, and where possible, automated formats. We are looking for you to take the initiative to identify patterns and behaviors in the data
(usage, customer acquisition, etc…), all in support of a culture of data driven decision making.
This role is currently scoped as an individual contributor.
Objectives of this role
- Advocate of Business Intelligence self-service and information management, including education and training of business users
- Build relationships with our stakeholders to create trust, understanding, and value of analytics as a practice and strategic resource
- Support the design, development, and implementation of our Enterprise analytics and data strategy
- Proactively work to improve service, quality, and on-time and on-budget delivery of projects and enhancements
- Proactively identify and solve for potential bottlenecks, blockers, and timeline shifts; building best practices through example that improve our operations along the way
- Serves as a key partner in ensuring meaningful and measurable metrics are defined and implemented
- Manages major responsibilities across multiple disciplines on a regular basis
- Evaluates and recommends strategies for business intelligence activities to increase efficiencies
- Leads and coordinates cross-functional teams
- Manages and provides input to BI Toolset, feature development, and roadmaps
- Identify opportunities for transparency, accountability, and areas for product improvement
- Partner with our data engineering team to coordinate and align tasks, from stakeholder requirements to aligning operations to our organization's vision
- Drive interactive business intelligence and reports that encourage business literacy, curiosity, and meaningful optimizations
- A Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (for example Science, Math, Engineering, Economics, Finance)
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area
- Experience in the insurance or financial industry background
- Experience designing, modeling and deploying big data/multi-dimensional systems
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Visualization platforms (ex. Tableau, Micro Strategy, modeling tools, databases, etc…)
- Experience in Agile Methodology and working with large data sets
- Understanding, manipulating and analyzing data
- Ability to facilitate data driven decisions
- Advanced SQL Skills
- Experience with self-service data processing tools (SQL, R, Python)
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship now or in the future
- Master’s degree
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in data analytics and visualization, business intelligence, predictive modelling, or analytical consulting
- Experience with data management methods, analytics deployment and orchestration tools, database and visualization tools for customer facing applications
- Understanding of mathematical, optimization and computational concepts behind analytics algorithms
- Experience with cloud-based data processing tools.
- Ability to verbally communicate highly technical concepts to, at times, non-technical audiences
- Experience communicating complex and actionable concepts at a senior executive level