Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join the FP&A team in support of the Sales and Marketing organization. The Business Intelligence function under FP&A is responsible for the analytical rigor behind reporting, forecasting, and financial modeling. In addition to providing analytical support, the primary role of this position will be to ensure ongoing alignment between reporting requirements and related operational processes. You will partner with various business and technical functions to catalogue reporting needs and lead workflow improvements. The output of your work will drive efficiencies across the organization and help senior leadership gain deeper insight into business performance. The ideal candidate should be a logical thinker who excels at complex problem-solving and is able to synthesize information from disparate data sources for a wide range of audiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Sales, Operations, Product, Billing and the broader FP&A team to understand reporting requirements
- Document, refine, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of processes (e.g. Salesforce Opportunity and Asset automation) that store and generate our Sales data
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure ongoing alignment between systems and reporting requirements
- Test, audit, and communicate changes to system functionality (e.g. Salesforce) and related operational processes
- Continuously find ways to improve processes by staying informed on system enhancements, product road maps, market developments and best practices
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience in BI, Operations, FP&A or other analytical role
- Proficient with SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfort with complex interconnected logic
- Salesforce, Zuora, NetSuite or other CRM and ERP experience is a plus
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS preferred
- Intellectually curious and not bound by traditional job responsibilities
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.