Senior BI Analyst, Customer Experience at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Senior BI Analyst, Customer Experience will serve as the primary analytical resource for Customer Success and Product leadership and be a key cog in our growing Business Intelligence team.Their focus will be on extracting insights from customer feedback, product usage, and other sources with the goal of improving customer experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is able to identify patterns in noisy data. This person will need to break down complex problems and clearly communicate their findings to all levels of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results, complete ownership of work and outputs, finding a way to work through barriers, finding ways to work efficiently, and excellent business judgment. They should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, deliver concrete results under ambiguity, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Drive insights and identified opportunities to improve customer experience across Customer Success, Operations, and Product
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to find patterns in customer behavior for actionable, proactive interventions
- Compile findings and present to stakeholders and leadership with clear recommendations and next steps
- Identify gaps/opportunities to improve our data warehouse, synthesize requirements to the Data Engineering team, and enable stakeholders to surface new insights
- Answer business questions through independent investigation / data forensics. Identify operational inefficiencies, data quality issues, and behavioral trends.
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics roles and/or Bachelor's degree in an advanced quantitative field (or equivalent experience); such as mathematics, economics/finance, computer science, or physical science
- Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc) or R proficiency
- SQL (Structured Query Language) expert
- Experience with predictive analytics, sentiment analysis, and NLP
- Ability to efficiently analyze large volumes of data, quickly draw insights, and present concise/clear recommendations of results
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually and in a group setting
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Data visualization experience with tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience with data mining
*Bread puns encouraged but not required