- At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Business Consultant at our Automation national business unit.
The role of the Business Consultant is for individuals passionate about identifying and delivering the right Business solution for each client. Our Business Consultants have a keen Business orientation with an understanding of how technology can be effectively applied to meet a variety of Business needs.
Our Business Consultants fill a number of different roles on our project teams working with a variety of technologies for a wide range of clients. The specific responsibilities vary for each client and each project. Key to the success of our Business Consultants is the willingness and desire to quickly learn the client’s industry and the unique requirements of each engagement and to fill whatever role may be required to best support our client’s needs.
A Business Consultant thrives in challenging environments and accomplishes difficult assignments without significant supervision and instruction. Our Consultants can handle the stress of being accountable for delivery and: complete goals on time, practice strong attention to detail, persevere through tough obstacles, and do not get easily discouraged.
The Business Consultant may be involved in the strategic planning of an engagement or helping the client make decisions about their future IT direction. Once a project has begun, the Business Consultant may assist in facilitating key requirements with stakeholders and customers using standard and User Experience techniques. The Business Consultant may be responsible for functional designs, detailed designs and system mapping, wireframes, requirement specifications, and prototypes.
The Business Consultant works with the Lead Business Consultant and Senior Project Managers to assist with daily operations exercising time management, communication and collaboration in a fast-paced environment to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The Business Consultant will interface with Perficient technical and business delivery personnel, as well as vendors and customers on a regular basis.
- Build trusted client relationships through proactive account management and effective project delivery
- Establishes knowledge of client business challenges and priorities to translate into opportunities
- Maintains regular client communication and satisfaction, ensuring opportunities and challenges are addressed in a timely manner.
- Helps deliver presentations to clients and management teams
- Contributes to project discoveries, kickoff, prepare proposals and statements of work following company standards.
- Translate client’s business needs into detailed business requirements documents, use cases and systems interaction diagrams.
- Works with customers and internal Creative teams to establish approved wireframes and mock-ups for solutions
- Assists project team to establish high, mid, and micro level plans for project team.
- Helps to establish critical path, milestones, delivery dates, and review client deliverables to ensure they meet client acceptance criteria.
- Provides leadership throughout the lifecycles of a project, guiding the understanding the project team has through design and development to ensure project requirements are met
- Helps establish project test strategy, methodologies, test plans as well as assist with test execution.
- Capture rule system requirements
- Produce high quality requirements deliverables and documentation for developers
- Act as Interface with multiple IT teams & business groups
- Collaborate with Integration, QA and Release management teams to communicate/confirm rules requirements
- Drive rule discovery and analysis phases
- Facilitate sessions with SME/IT
- Define Rules methodology, templates, lifecycle, standards
- Rule grouping into packages
- Manage vocabulary
- Rule validation/testing
Targeted Skills & Competencies:
• Expert in Rule/Decision Analysis for rule based projects (Redhat Decision Manager or IBM ODM)
• Experience working with team of Analysts, multiple business teams to conduct requirements gathering sessions/workshops
• Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
• Experience with Decision Modeling a plus
• experience in rules requirement gathering & documentation
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
Preferred skills and education:
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience working in the consulting industry
• Understanding of complex Internet based enterprise level applications
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Track record of delivering on time, on budget, and meeting client commitments
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Applicants should ensure that their e-mail settings will receive e-mail from the iCIMS system otherwise, you could miss critical communications related to your application.