Revenue Analytics Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us in our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* for a change?
The Revenue Analytics Manager will play an important role in our growing Business Intelligence team, working closely with peers in Finance, Accounting and Business Systems to architect new data pipelines that can power new financial and accounting processes and reporting. This role will be part data detective (gathering requirements, understanding the needs of the business and the intricacies of the source systems) and part creative problem solver (developing data models to meet our reporting needs, ensuring that data pipelines will adhere to requirements).
About the roll*:
- Will work with counterparts in various Finance and Accounting departments to produce the datasets and data models necessary to create required reporting
- Will develop deep systemic knowledge of data from operational systems (eg CRM or ERD software) and strategies for continuous improvement of the reporting capabilities of that data
- Will produce prototype SQL queries to create datasets that support financial and revenue reporting needs
- Will develop and document robust automated QA on key data pipelines
- Will work closely with Data Engineers to architect appropriate ETL pipelines that are appropriate for F&A data
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (or proven experience in these areas)
- 3+ years professional experience in BI, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, or similar role
- Familiarity with Financial and Accounting data and reporting
- Robust methods for QAing data to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong data modeling skills
- Ability to and comfort with disambiguating stakeholder needs and requirements
- Relevant work experience in a high-growth tech or SaaS company
- Experience using backend data from operational sources (Netsuite, Salesforce)
- Basic knowledge of ETL and data pipelining practices
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.