Provider Systems Data Analytics & Machine Learning Lead at Humana Studio_h
The Cognitive/Machine Learning Lead leverages large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights. The Cognitive/Machine Learning Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Cognitive/Machine Learning Lead collaborates with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans. Researches and evaluates new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions. Develops and validates statistical forecasting models and tools. Interprets and communicates analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
A critical success factor of this role is to be able to leverage analytics to identify insights and then communicate why they are important to leadership.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Humana associates and a team of global partners accountable to develop end-user reports; define, develop, and enhance new and existing systems; analyze data in a way to identify insights, propose solutions, and see them through to fruition; share ideas and recommendations with senior leaders; and support operations. This is a fast-paced job in a complex environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related field
- 6 or more years of professional experience leveraging large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights
- Healthcare or managed care experience, preferably in the provider space
- Proficiency with SQL and Tableau
- Strong data visualization skills
- Understanding of Machine Learning
- Possess business acumen and strong technical skills
- Must be able to represent Humana with industry peers
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
- Must be able to translate business requests into technical solutions
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit in growing a service organization with minimal oversight
- Flexible, dynamic personality who works well in a team environment and is also able to lead individual contributors
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related field
- 2 or more years of project leadership experience
- Working knowledge of cloud and on prem technologies
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, QlikView, SISS, Python, MATLAB or similar statistical tools
- Experience with Pega or Salesforce
- Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics
- Experience developing and validating statistical forecasting models and tools
Only persons with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO